Type of studies - higher professional studies,
Professional title - bachelor's degree
Duration of studies - 6 semesters
Mode of study- sfull-time and part-time studies .
- The aim of education in the field of Emergency Medical Services is to prepare a competent employee of medical rescue units, operating within the framework of the integrated medical rescue system developed in the country. The curriculum includes general, core and major subjects.
- Necessary skills are improved during practical classes and professional internships held in Ambulance Service stations, Hospital Emergency Departments, State Fire Service, Mountain Volunteer Rescue Service and other rescue units.
- The rescuer is expected to have the knowledge and practical skills necessary to save human life and health in many different situations, at the scene, during transport and in emergency departments.
- A graduate of the Medical Emergency Department will acquire knowledge and skills in the field of medical sciences, in particular theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of medical emergency operations performed in adults and children, regardless of their cause. Will be prepared to perform medical rescue activities, including, among others: assessment of the patient's condition for the purpose of treatment, placing the patient in the correct position for the type of disease or injuries, basic and advanced cardiopulmonary resuscitation in adults and children, deviceless restoration of patency airways etc.
- Will be prepared to work, among others in public and non-public health care facilities, including hospital emergency departments, medical rescue teams, specialized emergency services, fire brigades, various emergency services (WOPR, GOPR, TOPR) and workplaces with high accident risk, in security services and occupational hygiene in industrial plants, medical coordinator in securing mass events.